Metro Trains Academy Tour
The Metro Academy is Metro Trains Melbourne’s training facility established to build and maintain top-class skills in its workforce. The site provides essential training services for Metro staff, rail workers, contractors and the community, including services delivered by the Metro Trains Melbourne Registered Training Organisation (RTO).
The tour will take participants out to the Metro Academy site at South Kensington and include:
1. Introduction to the Metro Academy
2. Guided tour of the facility
3. Train Simulator
Find out more about the Metro Academy
Participants on this tour will get an insight into the:
- History of Melbourne’s rail network and the city-shaping projects happening across Melbourne.
- Units of competence provided by the Metro RTO to deliver the knowledge and skills Rail Safety Worker’s need to perform their roles.
- Immersive installations on site such as a mock platform and passenger screen doors that will be a feature of the new Metro Tunnel stations.
Max Participants: 40
Depart MCEC: 10.40am
Arrive back at MCEC: 12.20pm
Coach departs from MCEC driveway, 1 Convention Centre Place (at Pan Pacific / Novotel Hotel end)
Safety Requirements: To ensure safety requirements are met for the tour participants must wear long pants (no skirts or dresses) and a long sleeve top
Location of Technical Tour: South Kensington (distance: 5 km from MCEC)
Please ensure you complete registration through the checkout. You will receive a confirmation email upon registering successfully.
This Technical Tour is only open to registrants of the ITS Australia Global Summit 2023.